Happy birthday to us! With thanks to you.
When your business gets a new name and a new look, it feels like a brave new world.
Last October, I left my corporate publishing job to return to the freelancing trenches full-time. It was equal parts terrifying and liberating, and I have no regrets.
Dots & Dashes’ first year has been the best kind of joyride, with exciting challenges and unexpected successes at every turn. I couldn’t be prouder to report these milestones from the past 12 months:
- Worked with 17 new clients, from individuals to Fortune 500 companies
- Signed ongoing contracts with publishing, technology, and startup firms
- Edited novels, short stories, nonfiction, marketing materials, annual reports, websites, and journalism from around the world
- Contributed writing and photography on ballet, fatherhood, and goats—among other topics
- Helped private clients shape their labors of love into polished manuscripts
- Advised aspiring writers about next steps to take with works in progress
- Enabled job seekers to put their best faces forward with clean, clear, engaging CVs
- Managed editorial strategy for two departments of a monthly magazine
- Completed projects for nonprofits at reduced rates to support their essential services
- Talked to The Write Life Magazine about what it means to be a freelance editor
And it’s all because of you: clients, referrers, advisers, colleagues, and friends.
My heartfelt thanks for a tremendous first year. Looking forward to many more!
Principal Editor, Dots & Dashes